Today is my birthday. I need to embrace this.
I am 35 today. Yes, 35. Oh my goodness I feel so old. I remember judging people in their 30’s when I was in my 20’s…Dude, they are so old.
That’s what I get. I am now that old.
Where’s the chocolate?
Ok, enough lamenting. I know I know, some of you reading this are like, “Honey 35 is young. Enjoy it!”
Yes, I know I know again. It is younger
not really. I’m not THAT old, just older now. And older sometimes, well not all the time, BUT SOMETIMES does mean wiser. Hmm, when I look at myself I’m not sure how wise I am. (look at the picture below) But, I am going to share with you some of my very important life lessons.
- Jesus is the way to go. I’ve tried doing it on my own. I’m not good at it. The Creator of the universe loves you and me. Don’t do a second without Him.
- Life is better with chocolate and coffee. They both come from a bean. a bean is a vegetable. So I am basically eating and drinking a salad.
- You so need to laugh at yourself. It makes life fun. One of my favorite quotes even as a kid I remember saying, “I crack myself up.”
- Who cares what others think. They are just thinking about you what you are thinking about them anyway. (welcome to my brain.)
- Dance like no one is watching. They are wanting to do the same thing anyway.
- Do something spontaneous and random. It keeps life interesting.
- Do something that you know you should do, but you just don’t want to do. You will be glad you did.
- Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed of how God has made you. Own it. No one else in the world is exactly like you. God did that on purpose. When He made you, He said, “Ta-DAAA!”
- Have as many kids, or don’t, whatever floats your boat, as you want. I have 4. I am no Duggar but alot of times people look at us like we are. They can keep their opinions. We have a ball. And since they are not the ones paying for them, raising them, and cleaning up their hind ends, then their opinion does not count.
- Diet Coke is awesome.
- Always be friendly. You never know how rough someone else’s day has been.
- You can’t fix stupid.
- Enjoy the moment. Everyone has a past, and we are all striving for something in the future. But, now is a present. Enjoy it.
- When someone tells you what they would do in your situation, just SMILE. Their time is coming. And try not to laugh out loud at them.
- Concealer is the bomb. It is a necessity.
- Your metabolism changes, which means you have to change with it. Doggone it.
- Sometimes you can be so tired that a 20 oz caramel macchiato at 9 pm does not affect you, and that is okay. Just love your pillow.
- Marry your best friend; someone you like to hang out with. It’s so much fun.
- Whoever said skinny jeans were a thing had to be a man. Probably from the same gene pool as the man who invented bras, corsets, and panty hose.
- Have a friends, great friends. Friends who can be completely honest with you. It may sting at the moment, but they have your back.
- It is okay to embarrass my children. It will give them unity later on in life, they can talk about how crazy their Mom was. Like kissing their dad in front of them. It’s awesome for them to say EWWWWW!
- Appreciate your family. Enjoy them. God put you together for a reason.
- Communicate. I’m not good at it, I don’t particularly enjoy it. But, well you need to do it. I had to do this with my kids on the Birds and the Bees. One of the most awkward things I’ve ever done (besides signing in a wedding with nothing but my undies on underneath the choir robe. All I could think about was what if the zipper broke. That wedding would stand out.) We are all better for it.
- Suck it up and be bold. Just do it. If you want to dance in front of 23,000 people at a ballgame, just do it. (one of my goals)
- Belly laugh. Enjoy others who do.
- Set a specific time to worry about things. Not the whole day. When it comes to worry time, go for it. It’s quite possible when you get to “worry time” you forget what you were supposed to worry about.
- When you take your child into a stall with you at a public restroom and they CAN reach the sliding handle thingy, just be prepared for humiliation.
- Take time for yourself, otherwise you’ll go crazy wondering who you are later on.
- Don’t do what others are doing. It’s fun to be different. It makes life more interesting.
- Prayer time is the most important time of the day.
- When someone says, “Enjoy this stage, it goes by so fast” It’s okay to want to hit them or hand them the dirty diaper. Just sayin.
- Get two desserts if you want. Or eat it first.
- Massages are awesome.
- Workout and take care of yourself. Later on you will regret it it if you don’t.
- Money isn’t everything. Be content with what you have. True happiness cannot be bought. You may have some fun with it. But it won’t last. True love and joy, they last.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.