Moving on up, doo doo doo. Yes, I have a song in my head as I’m writing this. For some reason I’m so happy to be cleaning the living room. Someone please…check my temperature. The office is pristine which makes for a very happy engineering husband.
(Yes, I just want to shoot one of my party poppers to cause a little chaos. I knew those things would come in handy. Especially when I found them in one of those boxes :P. Ssh, just don’t look in the crafting box or drawer-I have to hide my mess somewhere.)
When I conquered the hallway/office it literally took less than an hour. Now the amount of mental time I thought about doing that space is well ten times that.
Here are my before and after pics:
From Mess to Blessed: A Cleaning and Organizing Series-The Living Room.
Next Up-The Living Room. Here is where I’m at:
- Put everything in the middle of the rug.
- Wipe down baseboards, windows, and dust.
- Sweep and mop.
- Go through items on carpet-throw away, donate, put back into place.
- Vacuum carpet.
Now this is for my living room, it’s not very cluttered right now because I recently cleaned it. However, if yours is a little bit more overwhelming and you have a few “hot spots” or cluttered areas do this:
- Pull out the area and sort into trash, clutter, and keep.
- Clean, sweep, mop, dust.
- Put area back together.
- Repeat this process over and over again until you have the room cleaned. Go clockwise and do not skip around areas. If you need to, set a timer or list to say, 3-4 songs, then stop and take a break.
This is a more manageable way to break it down.
Alright, let’s do this. We can do it. We can do it.
I feel like I should be listening to Rocky
Happy Cleaning and Organizing! I’m going to try and spend less mental time on this and just bite the bullet, ride the wave, yada yada yada. You know I’m telling this to myself right?