Alright ladies, Wow Me Wednesday. I want to tell you one beauty product that I now have an addiction with: I am in love with liquid eyeliner. I have just discovered it recently because I was too afraid to try, didn’t want to spend the money on something I wouldn’t use, and just didn’t know how.
So I did it anyway.
It has been a learning experience because I just went at it blind trying all kinds of ways to apply it.
Don’t do like me. Use this tutorial and these other resources I am giving you so you can try it with an informed approach.
The key with liquid eyeliner is to start small and thin-YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BIGGER AND DARKER.
What’s in my makeup Bag:
(These are affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for a full disclosure.)
Elf Tone Adjusting Face Primer (this is way cheaper on Amazon than at Wal-Mart)
Wet-N Wild megaliner (mine is dark brown)
Here is the tutorial for you. I did my right eye first to show you the cat eye look. Then I did my left eye on the video for you.
Liquid Eyeliner Tutorial
- Apply Primer
- Apply eye makeup as desired
- Using the megaliner, start on the inside of your eye slowly making a thin line of liner across the eye lid directly above the lashes.
- As you get to the middle of you eye, thicken the line.
- When you reach the edge of your eye lid, go thick.
- Swoop out and up of the corner of your eye to make the cat eye appearance.
For the bottom:
- Start at the outside and work your way in. Do this directly on top of your lashes.
- Apply liner as far in as you would like.
- To make a more smokey eye look and not as harsh, use a pencil and smudge or even use your finger with a little bit of your eye makeup.
That’s it. Apply your mascara and you are ready to go!! I am a mom of 4 and this is a new world to me. Try it, seriously. It’s so much easier than the pencil. Just a little practice and there you have it.
Here are a few resources I have found helpful:
If you missed last week’s tutorial on Blending make sure and check it out here!! Plus, don’t forget about the giveaway I have going on! Let me see you purging those Christmas decor you aren’t using anymore!
Mess to Blessed
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
(This was in my devotional this morning. Wow. Am I doing what it says or just listening?)