Who Are You? When asked this question of myself this is who I would describe who I am:
A mom of 4
A Mary Kay girl
a woman who struggles with being confident how God has made me
a people pleaser
Are you noticing something? I start with a job or characteristic-something I can pinpoint about myself.
But pay closer attention-towards the end I start describing myself who I am as my faults, my short comings, my failures.
I want you to take a minute and think about yourself.
When you describe yourself, when you talk to yourself what do you say? How do you define yourself?
I just read a book on starting your day off with purpose. I’ve started my day off with Jesus. Before anyone else is awake, before the sun is even awake. And Jesus, how He describes me-He doesn’t describe me with my weight, He doesn’t describe me as fearful. He doesn’t describe me as selfish. He doesn’t describe me or identify me with my faults.
He describes me as this-an excerpt from Priscilla Shirer’s blog
- I am competent not in my own abilities but because He has made me competent by His Spirit. (2 Corinthians 3:5–6)
- I abide in Christ, He abides in me, and I bear much fruit. (John 15:5)
- I have the mind of Christ; therefore I act in a way that is consistent with His actions. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- He will never leave me nor will He forsake me. (Hebrews 13:5)
- I do no look with disdain upon my weaknesses. I see them as an opportunity for God to display His powerful strength and grace through me. (2 Corinthians 12:10)
- There is no weapon formed against me that can prosper, and every tongue that rises up against me in judgment shall be condemned. (Isaiah 54:17)
- The Spirit indwells me; therefore I am the temple of the living God. (2 Corinthians 6:16)
- The One who is in me is greater than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
- As an obedient daughter of the Lord and receive the prosperous abundance and blessing that He will bestow on me. (Deuteronomy 30:8–9)
- I walk by the Spirit and do not fulfill the desires of my flesh. (Galatians 5:16)
- I am enabled to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22–23)
- The Lord guards my going out and my coming in, today and forever. (Psalm 121:8)
- I have been made in the very image and likeness of God Himself. This is my heritage. (Genesis 1:27)
- I have not been given the spirit of this world; rather, I have the Spirit of God that I might know the mind and will of God for me. (1 Corinthians 2:12)
- My steps have been ordained and ordered by the Lord. (Psalm 37:23)
- I am a necessary and useful part of the body of Christ, and I will use my spiritual gifts to edify others. (1 Corinthians 12:7)
- I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- I have been given victory in Christ Jesus. (1 Corinthians 15:57)
- I am meek, and I inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5)
- My ambition is to be pleasing to Him and Him alone. (2 Corinthians 5:9)
- Rivers of living water flow out of my inner being. (John 7:37)
- I have been chosen by God to bring forth fruit that shall remain. (John 15:16)
- I am a brand new person. My old sin nature has passed away, and everything has become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- No matter my past, I am forgiven of my sins because of the lavishness of His grace upon me. (Ephesians 1:7)
- I have been given every spiritual blessing in heavenly places. (Ephesians 1:3)
- I am known, chosen, redeemed, forgiven, fearfully and wonderfully made, adopted into the family of God.
- Whatever I ask for in prayer according to the Father’s will, I believe that I have received it. (Mark 11:24)
- I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and a holy nation. I am one of God’s own people. (1 Peter 2:9)
Ya’ll, this is who I am. This is who you are if you have Jesus. And Satan has been doing really well succeeding in making me doubt my identify, WHO I AM, in Christ.
I am drawing a line in the sand.
This is Who I Am.
This is me. This is what I can do through Him who strengthens me. I can do all things through Christ!! I am blessed by God who can do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine.
So, what about you?
What are you telling yourself? What are you thinking? What is a lie that you have believed about yourself? What is a fault that you put under the magnifying glass all the while overlooking the way God has gifted you?
Today I want you to take a minute and think about how you describe yourself. Identify it, and replace it with who you are in Christ.
God didn’t make a mistake in making us. He uses our weaknesses to make us strong because through those weaknesses He is glorified!
Here’s what I love and I hope you get a blessing from: (these are affiliate links for your convenience. Enjoy 🙂